Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to relate form to configuration

Highlighted
Shanker_2
Respected Contributor.

How to relate form to configuration

Hi

I have SD4.5 SP19 and when I open configuartion it opens a default form. Is there any way i can change that? I wanted to create a complte seperate form and that should open as default when i open a configuration.

The reason for this is I have created a dynamic forms(software,hardware,Acessories) I added Marker in my original form so when category is software it opens software sub form. so it works fine. now the problem is when I go to CMDB--CONFIGURATION--FILE--OPEN-NEW IT OPENS MY DEFAULT TEMPLATE THAT IS MY ORIGINAL FORM WITH MARKERS SINCE IT DOES NOT WHAT CATEGORY IT IS?

I hope I explained correctly. Basically I want to control what form It can open when u select NEW CONFIGURATION FORM TEMPLATE.

Shanker
3 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to relate form to configuration

Hi,

once the user selects the category on a new CI they should get the form that you want them to have.

Place the category up near the top of the form if you can so it is selected early on. You could add a pop up for when a new CI is opened explaining to the user to select category to get the correct form.

Dynamic forms were developed to do this which was a feature that was not available before dynamic forms.

Shanker_2
Respected Contributor.

Hi Mark

Tahnsk for the quick reply. Dynamic forms are working fine but my problem is when you go to FILE-CONFIGURATION--OPEN--NEW THEN THE PROBLEM ARISES. Iit opens the default form since it does not what category u are trying.
so if I can control what form to open when u select configuration instead of Default form.
I hope i am clear what I am looking for.

Shanker
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I understand the requirement. A lot of people have had this requirement for a lomg time. DYnamic forms filled the gap. However the remaining gap is what you are faced with. How to trigger the dynamic form on a new item.

There may be a way to do it using smart actions, forms and shortcuts but it might be too cumbersome.

Anyway, who in your org has access to create configuration items? if this is a controlled number you can address the issue with some user training and get them to select the category before filling in the rest fo the CI form.

Its not idea.