Highlighted
Adeel Mehmood
Regular Collector

How to register Service Desk Application Server Service in Windows

Hi ,

we are using SD 4.5 SP 17. we have two ways of using it

1. Thick Client
2. web interface ( Thin Client )

our Thin Client ( Web interface is running on Windows Server )

to Start the Application Server for webinterface we star the startserver batch file in windows and it then starts the server . but when we logoff from system the service stop its self . we want to make this service session independent and regiter it as System Service so that the application server should not stop when we log off the session .

please guide how can we do it .

thanks and best regards,
SysAdmin
6 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: How to register Service Desk Application Server Service in Windows

Hi,

go the the server install folder

x:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\server\bin

Locate the file installservice.bat and run it. It should install OVSd as a windows service. in the windows service console you can set it to start automatically.

Let me know if you need more that 1 service per server as you have to do a few modifications.
Adeel Mehmood
Regular Collector

Dear

thanks ,kindly see the attachment , the service is already running. I have started the Service from USer ITHELPDESK , and if we want to see the OVSD service , in services there is no Service in it.

please suggest and help

best regards,
SysAdmin
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

in the task manager on the server where the service is installed it should be listed as "sd_serverservic"

I see from the screenshot that the hp service desk service is not showing as started.

Have a look in the log file for erors or in the windows event viewer to see if there are any java startup errors.

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\server\log\logsever.txt
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Adeel,

any luck? Have you chnaged any paramaters in the installservice.bat file? Have you checked that the java paths are correct?
Adeel Mehmood
Regular Collector

hi ,

still no luck , and what modification i have to do in .bat file ..

best regards,
Adeel Mehmood
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

are there any errors in the logserver.txt or in the windows event log? If the service is not starting one or both of these should have an entry with some details. In the windows event log youmay be looking for a java error.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event