Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to present Relation Type on Generic Relation View

Highlighted
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

How to present Relation Type on Generic Relation View

Hello people,

Normally I wouldn't publish this, but I was enraged by HP support that asked me to create an ER while knowing that unless we were willing to pay, it would gonna be forgotten.

As many of you know generic relations is a very handy tool. However it is unfinished! You cannot export, you cannot import, you cannot drag and drop, you cannot use ACES... you cannot even display the freaking relation type on the view!

And yes, this is an information that many times is needed. For example, if you create more than one generic relation types between service calls, having only "from description, to description" in the view doesn't help distinguish between them!

Anyway, while I couldn't do much about import/export I found that I could do something about the latter.

All it took was to run this query:

begin transaction
go
update ifc_attributes set atr_defaultshow=0, atr_showinfieldsel=1
where atr_oid=(select atr_oid from ifc_attributes atr
inner join ifc_entities ent on atr.atr_ent_oid=ent.ent_oid
where ent_name='Generic Relation' and atr.atr_name='Type')
go
commit

The above query will run on oracle if you ommit the "begin transaction;go;commit" part.

After doing that go to Presentation/View/Generic Relations and add the column "Type".

Stop the client, clear the cache and restart it. After that in generic relations the type will be also listed.

For HP all that it would took is to play 1 (one) minute with the IDK Designer and do a rep_enumeration.

Way to go, HP.
menes fhtagn
2 REPLIES
Bhuvnesh
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to present Relation Type on Generic Relation View

Hi George,
Nice to see another very useful tip from you.
I will try this on our test setup.
Thanks.
Regards,
Bhuvnesh
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: How to present Relation Type on Generic Relation View

Hi George,
Great tip - HP really know how to win friends these days!!

Regards, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event