How to open old attachments after upgrading to SP16

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Adam Karpinski
Valued Contributor.

How to open old attachments after upgrading to SP16

Hi all!

We have just upgraded to SP16 and also applied the patch SDSP_00060 patch to fix the attachment problem. The problem is we still can´t open the old attachments. What is the patch supposed to do? Rebuild the old attachments to the new structure? There is a possibility that the patch wasn´t applied correctly. In that case, how do we apply it afterwards? Creating new attachments works fine but the old attachments still exists in the "old" structure and can´t be opened.

Regards Adam
6 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: How to open old attachments after upgrading to SP16

Hello Adam,

Have you followed excactly the steps on the Readme of the fix? Here all, new and old attachment work like a charm.

Actions taken:
1. Stopped the server
2. Create a backup of the old ftp root folder
3. run the script using -c (to copy instead of hard link) and pointing the new root folder
4. delete the old root folder
5. rename the new old folder to the name of the old.

All attachments are in position!
menes fhtagn
Adam Karpinski
Valued Contributor.

Hi again!

My readme file only contained instructions on how to include the missed file in the SP upgrade. In case this didn´t work, how do I run a perl script manually? Maybe a stupid question but anyway. Can you please attach your readme file as well?

Adam
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Adam,

Read the file \doc\itsm007474 (after extracting the SP16).

I executed the command

perl mig_attachments.pl -c

Make sure that the folder exists before running the script.
menes fhtagn
Adam Karpinski
Valued Contributor.

Great job George M. Menegakis!!!!!!

Finaly I ran the script and all old attachments are back.

Best Regards
Adam
Anju
Super Contributor.

Hi
I followed the procedure and it worked like a charm in the past. Now I am doing the same thing on a windows 2003 box and trying to open the attachments I get the ftp error which is trying to find the path to the attachment and gets to the new structure but somewhere in the middle the path is lost and the file is missing. I have a production roll out in couple days for the above. I urge if anyone has a solution pls reply imm.
Thanks
Anju
Vasily Aksenov
Acclaimed Contributor.

Anju, you have to set new path to attachments in SD (attachments settings) or to copy new structure to "old" attachment folder. Aslo check NTFS rigts for ftp user. Check that ftp directory is set correctly for ftp user.