Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to open new SC-form by rule - HPOV SD 4.5 SP27

Highlighted
Michael Gregor
Outstanding Contributor.

How to open new SC-form by rule - HPOV SD 4.5 SP27

Hi all.

I have designed a new Service call form that I wish to call from the default Service call form, in such a way that the user clicks a button in the form, "Open new form", and it opens, copying some data from the 'old' one.

The closest I get is the 'Create subcontract Service call' from System actions, but this opens up a default form. How do I make it open an other form except default?

Hope this was understandable :-)

Any suggestions will be greatly rewarded as usual.

Michael
3 REPLIES
Raymond Crijnen
Honored Contributor.

Re: How to open new SC-form by rule - HPOV SD 4.5 SP27

Make use of sd_dataform. It's installed on every service desk client. Here's an example how we create work orders from a service call:

"Work Order" "+description=Build Request for Service Call [ID]" "+category=Build" "+servicecall.id=[ID]" +"User=[Requestor;Search code]" +"Requestor=[More;To person;Search code]" +"Delivery Status=20I Dispatched" +"Phase=Waiting to be picked up" +"Req Source=(SC) [Categor&y]" -forcenew

See also http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1281289
You can contact me at raymond || @ || smt-x || . || com
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Michael,

the above post covers th basic idea of what to do. I think you need to create a smart action that will be called by the button and in the smart action you set the paraeters specific for the SC (example abobe for workorders).

Also don't forget you may need to reset the button within the rule - but worry abotu that later.
Michael Gregor
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks both. But parameters to sd_dataform seem not to work in Client 2008. Could someone verify this?

Michael