Did you mean: 

How to open email attachments to home from office

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Phyllis Henders
Acclaimed Contributor

How to open email attachments to home from office

I cannot open any attachments sent to me from my office to my home. My boss sends me attachments using xls. and my co worker sends me attachments using doc. Please help.
6 REPLIES
Err_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How to open email attachments to home from office

Hello,

are you trying to open attachmetns in Service Desk records from your PC at home?

Make sure that you have access to FTP server from your home same as from your office, attachments are pulled with a direct connection from the client to the FTP server.

Regards,
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Phyllis Henders
Acclaimed Contributor

Do not understand, what do you mean by Service Deck records from home pc and how do I access FTP. Just do not understand.
When I had xp windows I did not have this problem. Then I installed Office Home and
Student 2007 which at work is either Office Small Business or Professional. Just do not
or cannot figure what to do. Thank you for replying to my first question, hope you can help me farther.
Err_1
Honored Contributor

HI,

I thin that I understand your problem now.. and you should post your question in a Windows or Office forum.. this forum is used to help users running completely different products.

Good luck!
Randall Barrantes
Phyllis Henders
Acclaimed Contributor

So where do I post my question in a windows or office forum. HP told me to go to hp.com/support and that is what I did . It was like Greek to me. If you can direct me in the right direction I sure would appreciate it. I know you are probably thinking how stupid I am, but this is just over my head. I am 71 yrs old and just do not know where to begin.
Thank you for your help you have tried to give to me. Sure appreciate it. Thanks again.
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Try here:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=180
Randall Barrantes
Phyllis Henders
Acclaimed Contributor

Thank you, I will try this and see if it will be the answer I need. Thanks again.
I may not have time til tomorrow to look this up.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event