Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make sure that Requestor <> Approver

Highlighted
Kurt Stad
Regular Collector

How to make sure that Requestor <> Approver

Service Desk 4.5, FP17

Is it possible to make sure that Requestor <> Approver?

Thanx

Kurt Stad

6 REPLIES
Ivelina

Re: How to make sure that Requestor <> Approver

Hello, Kurt,

Could you please clarify your question? What part of the relation between requestor and approver do you want to make sure of?

Thanks!

Kurt Stad
Regular Collector

Hi Ivelina

I want to make sure the requestor of a change cannot be an approver of the same change.

This is to ensure that you cannot approve your own changes.

Hope this makes it clearer :-)

Thanks

Kurt 

Ivelina

Hi again, Kurt,

Thank you, that makes the question clear - so to the response:

This is basically up to the configuration and user rights set in the operator record. I have checked some operator records and security profiles, and I can confirm that the Request.Approver user by default cannot open a new Change - so if you need approvers not to be able to open changes themselves and then approve them, just check Change.Approver operator record - in general, if an operator has change approver user and security role, he should be able to approve changes and not be able to open new ones.

You could test also with OOB Change.Approver - when login with this operator, and you will see that he has no access to Change Management > Change queue.

Hope this helps!

Kurt Stad
Regular Collector

Hi Ivelina

Are you sure it works for Service Desk 4.5, FP17?

Kur

Ivelina

Hi again, Kurt,

In fact i tested on Service manager systems - however, you could check in Service Desk version you use and let me know if there is a difference with the way it works.

Thanks!

Jolie Good
Frequent Visitor

we had the same requirement, and we accomplished it by adding a condition to the change phase approval control.  for instance, we have a single phase in which all approvals take place, so the condition for the approval control in that phase is:

operator()~=orig.operator in $L.file and operator()~=requested.by in $L.file

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event