Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to make sure modified role applies to users?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
BUDI RAHARDJO_2
Respected Contributor.

How to make sure modified role applies to users?

Hi all,

I kept executing some tests related to SD security to allow / disallow access rights to cases.

I modified the role such that user A is not able to create a Service Call. Then I restarted SD Service on all app servers. However, user A is still able to create a Service Call.

The only way to ensure that this account was no longer able to have the privileges was by removing the cache + restart of the client.
I was even very surprised that a stop of my client + restart did still allow me to execute the tasks while clear cache + restart immediately resulted in the lost privileges.

Any idea how to get this issue addressed ?

Thanks!!

3 REPLIES
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: How to make sure modified role applies to users?

I'd use the 'Purge cache on exit' setting.
BUDI RAHARDJO_2
Respected Contributor.

thanks for the reply.

Is there a table and field in SD Database which store that info? I mean we want to make sure that all users have that option enabled. However, since we have more than 6000 users, asking all users to enable this option is not possible.

The only way is by setting this value in the field of a table, if it exists...

The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Cache options are stored locally in the cleint data folder. No table or field in the database holds these.

Using the MOTD feature has proven to be effective even in large environments.

Another method could be distributing the client start-up command including the purgecache switch.

Hope this helps.
Points (and pints) are welcome!

The Pike