The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate OVPI with OVSD for report generation on networking related issues

Highlighted
SOUMITRA CHAUDH
Occasional Advisor

How to integrate OVPI with OVSD for report generation on networking related issues

I have installed NNM on and integrate it with HPOV SD,now what shall be my next step in generation of n/w related reports etc,Is OVPI & OVO integration is must for generating LAN/WAN availibility report ,Network utilization report.....plz help me
5 REPLIES
Bhuvnesh
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to integrate OVPI with OVSD for report generation on networking related issues

Do you have OVPI?
If yes, then it can be used to generate availability & n/w utilization report.

If you have only NNM then you can still generate basic reports.

Another option is to make NNM log an incident every time a device/interface is down. This way you can get availability report from SD.
alan bulmer
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: How to integrate OVPI with OVSD for report generation on networking related issues

I was wondering if it is possibel to automate a report in OVSd to be exported into an Ecxel workbook. If it cannot be done in OVSd, is it possible to writr a code or script to do it externally or is there a simple tool taht can extract for me?
The Pike
Honored Contributor

What information are you looking to extract from Service Desk? If it's in the database and you want to create reports, many use Crystal Reports or query the SD database.

The Pike
alan bulmer
Acclaimed Contributor

Ah!
What woudl I use to query the database?
I am familiar with crystal reports, but I need the output in Excel form and delivered every hour to a subfolder on a server...
alan bulmer
Acclaimed Contributor

Yes, the information will be in the OVSd database, and as I say, I need to extract automatically in Excel format
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event