Guys , We have SD 5.1 on HP-Unix with Oracle db. which tool we can use to get reports from service desk, like daily call report, pending call report,out of SLA calls report...etc and all reporting should be automatic via mail to customers.
OVPI is yet another square peg that HP is trying to jam into a round hole. Its good for its designed purpose (reporting off monitoring data), but as a reporting solution for OVSD, it is insufficient for a few reasons.
1) UTILITY: The reporting packs for OVSD that you have to buy extra are useless. They were created in a lab somewhere you've never been by someone you don't know who's got no idea what your organizations reporting needs are.
2) FLEXIBILITY: In probably 8 hours of demos, nobody from amongst HP's best OVPI resources could modify a report in a manner I could with Crystal in under 5 minutes. In short, you can forget about building your own reports. I'm sure HP would gladly sell you services though, at several thousand dollars a pop.
3) PRESENTATION: If you can get over point#1, OVPI presents results in two flavors: graph & record dump. Graphs are only good for some reporting needs, and record dumps are rarely what you build reports for in the first place.
4) COST: OVPI is orders of magnitude more expensive than Crystal Enterprise Server (which outperforms OVPI in each of the above areas).
For my money, one of the best tools on the market for reporting is Crystal. Sure you've got to learn the dynamics of another piece of software, but it leaves you with 3 very important tools.
1) The ability to report PRECISELY on what you want to report. Where as Westburry and OVPI basically let you report on what they think you want to report on.
2) The ability to rapidly CHANGE what you report on. Because lets face it... reporting needs change all the time.
3) Extremely precise and tidy PRESENTATION.
4) FLEXIBILITY to report on other databases. For example, I've built a report that compares Incidents and Changes against a Service to the projects executed against the same Services in our Project Management DB.
Westbury Report Manager is specially designed to easily access HPSD data on a very detailed level based on customer requests. It is designed to get you easily up and running (less than 10 days) and trained. You do not need sql knowledge, specialists or consultants to build reports.
It's also available for the next generation SM application.
You could use our more than 80 out of the box reports or just start building your own. And you even could include and extract accountable and non accountable duration and use that in your reports.
Hi -=R=- Can you send me the link to download Crystal you mentioned, and some steps/procedures so I can design reports with Crystal from SD Orale 9i database. or if you have desiged reports for Service Calls; matching with same setup SD 5.1 on HP Unix with Oracle 9i db just share please at email@example.com they will help me to design the report for our requirement.