Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to fill the Custom Code fields from an Integration Account (TeMIP to Service desk)

Highlighted
Saad Masood
Trusted Contributor.

How to fill the Custom Code fields from an Integration Account (TeMIP to Service desk)

Hi,

I am using SD 4.5 SP17, we have an integration implemented with HP TeMIP for creating Incidents from TeMIP alarms.

I have been able to fill the text fields easily by just assigning text values to the fields, but I cannot fill in the Coded fields like we have a Code field(IncidentCode4)on the Incident form. When I assign it the Code "South" or "North" in the Mapping file (tttl.config), these are not filled in the field!!

I think I may need the Enumerated values for each of these codes for filling them, Can anyone help me find these values or any other way to fill the fields???

Would really appreciate it!!
please find the attached file with the format of assignment and the map subtransform.

Thanks
Saad Masood
8 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to fill the Custom Code fields from an Integration Account (TeMIP to Service desk)

HI
You must tune in SD mapping fild for Code4, the sd need know the filed what are used. For code fields exist some fields: name, ordering, icon, template , etc. You need use name(Text).

Vasily
Saad Masood
Trusted Contributor.

Re: How to fill the Custom Code fields from an Integration Account (TeMIP to Service desk)

Hi there,

Can you elaborate your point, or make it step by step. That would be good.

Thanks
Saad
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi
Look at attachment.

Vasily
Saad Masood
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Vasily,

Thanks for the reply!!

I have never used the import mapping stuff in SD before :-(

so, I may need to be spoon fed in this regard, hope you would reply with some details...

btw: for all the other fields that i am filling from the (tttl.config Mapping file), I have used any Import Mapping in the SD side!!!

Thanks
Saad Masood
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi
Any external event or import to SD passed by Import Mapping, the first what need to do - create Mapping. What are you use for tranfer alarm to SD? Ordinary for the same tasks using sd_event.

Vasily
Saad Masood
Trusted Contributor.

Actually there is a Liaison installed on the SD Machine, We create an Incident from TeMIP on a given alarm, the alarm attributes are then given to the liaison mapping file (tttl.config, its a mapping file which maps the information of the alarm fields to the Service Desk Incident Fields).

So, All the mappings are defined inside the tttl.config file and I am not using any import mappings in the Service Desk
Saad Masood
Trusted Contributor.

Hi there,

can anybody help me with this!!

tell me how to fill these coded fields using the TTLiaison mapping file or any other way..
I am stuck at my project!!

Regards
Saad Masood
Saad Masood
Trusted Contributor.

Hi there,

I have found something interesting in this regard.
The Liaison has mapping funtions for Coded Fields like Severity, Priority and Status.
The functions are named getIStatusIncidentFromString() and similar for severity and priority Fields also.

Now, as I am trying to fill in the Custom Coded Fieldds (NE_region) of type IncidentCode4, there is no "get" function implemented for that, and this is why there are "warnings" in the file.

so, what do you suggest i do in this case !!!!

Please also find the attached TTSTUB trace file ....

Regards
Saad Masood