Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do the following?

Highlighted
Yousef Jamous
Regular Collector

How to do the following?

Hi
My company is running HP OVSD 4.5 with SP27.
We would like to create some forms that will allow the SD Users to do the following:
1) Ability to search/Retrieve the caller information using the phone number.
2) Also, we would like to create some locations to be associated with the service call. So, if one of the callers calls, the agent who logs the call can pickup from a list of available locations (That we will fill). I've been trying to insert LOCATIONS field in the form, but I can not find it! So, how can I create it? I'm using generic CIs that has no location, and that's why I need to add location to the service call.

I'm looking forward for your help. THANK YOU VERY MUCH in advance.
5 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Re: How to do the following?

Hi
1. Searching by phone possible, but if you like to do that, then you have phone station and for each station ordinary exist software, you need catch phone # by this software and insert to line : sd_dataform.bat -forceNew "Service call" +"Caller.Mobile=50556565". The problem if you will have more then one Person with the same #. If you entering # manually, then need create additional field on Service call from and write some rule with Action Update by External system, then result back to open form.
2. SITE that is a LOCATION, rename SITE to LOCATION.

Vasily
Yousef Jamous
Regular Collector

Hi Vasily
First issue sorted out as you have mentioned.
For the second issue, can you please give me more details, it's not very clear to me.
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Hi
Second, I did mistake, the each CI have a LOCATION, perhaps you not insert in form this field?

Vasily
Yousef Jamous
Regular Collector

OK
Let me detail the issue maybe there's a better way to do it.
Part of my user requirements is to register calls to report problems in some locations for some CIs (such as telephone, computer, light, desk ...etc). Now, in order not to complicate things and create a huge CMDB, I thought of making the CIs general and the location is unique.
So, I can report a telephone set problem for Location ABC. So, the CI in this case will be Telephone Set and Location ABC.

Now, do you suggest a better way to do it?
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

HI
I'm understand your wishes, but each Person have a Location and CI too, if you can't use it so you need create one more additional field. If you like link this field with Location, that is not easy, you must have access to db directly to this. Look http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1230159, http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1217417603845+28353475&threadId=1145453 , doing the same for Location on the test db before.

Vasily
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event