The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a tool tip and a table

Highlighted
Shanker_2
Regular Collector

How to create a tool tip and a table

Hi All

In configuration Item I want to add a button called " Supplier" Where does this supplier information is stored?

Second Question, is there a way to create a tool tip for supplier field. When I put my cursor on supplier field a tool tip should show the details of the supplier such phone no,email id and address.

Is it possible?

Can anyone one help me?

Thanks

Shanker
8 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Re: How to create a tool tip and a table

HI
If your ver 4.5, use dynamic form and create "Supplier" from boolean Custom fields select type as button, create some rule for dynamic form , when on show detiles infromation , when off hide

Second, beliave not possible.

Vasily
Shanker_2
Regular Collector

Hi Vasily

Thanks for the quick reply

Shanker
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Shanker,

The mouse over event shows the complete label of the item. However, the what's this function is more or less a tool tip, and is configurable by the administrator in the Presentation->labels section. You select the field, then either press shift-F1, or click on the what's this help in the menu.

As for your first point, what do you want the button to do when you click it?

-Josh
Shanker_2
Regular Collector

Hi

I want this button show the supplier related to the item.

Is there a way when i click on the supplier name I could see the details of the supplier like name,address,phone,ane email stuff in a seperate window.

I created a button supplier but when i click on the list of suppliers it shows a different table such organization table. How can I create a suppliers table and this table should be related to the supplier button.

Thanks
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Shanker,

OVSD's solution for your requirement is Quick View. You define the fields to display in Presentation->Search etc.

You activate Quick View using the drop-down menu from the button which is the label of the field. For example, you have a field "Supplier"; click on that button and select Quick View from the menu.

If you want to see these Quick View fields permanently for the item type, go back to Presentation->Search->->Show tab, and check the field in the list displayed.

You could also create a much more complicated, non-out-of-the-box solution, with a button to click that runs a UI rule that runs a smart action that runs sd_dataform to display the details of the item in a form.

-Josh
Shanker_2
Regular Collector

Hi

First

The quck view option is greyed out and I could not make it appear. I went to presentation--> search---configuration item--Supplier and checked the box in show option.
It did not work to activate quick view.

Please let me know if i ahve to do anything more.

Can you please send me in detail the second option you have mentioned of UI rules. It seems intresting. Thats exactly i am trying to do to suppliers.

Please help

Shanker
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Shanker,

Quick View is greyed out when no value is entered in the field. Could this be the problem?

-Josh
Shanker_2
Regular Collector

Hi Josiah

my qucik view problem is solved but my problem I am trying to create a Supplier table. What I am trying to do is

1. Add a field Supplier to Configuration Item
2. I need to create a Supplier table where I can enter all my suppliers( It could be office max or Cisco)
3.If you see my attachment in the small box under view you see supplier table but the items you see are from organisation item. the supplier is automatically picking up from the Organisation table which I dont want. I should able to see ONLY SUPPLIER TABLE.

Please help

Shanker
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event