Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a service view with criterion: actual start date is older then currentdate +7 days

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted

How to create a service view with criterion: actual start date is older then currentdate +7 days

We make calls with a start date far ahead. We want to see this calls a week before the actual start date (we manually enter this when we create the servicecall). We also want to see all calls where the actual start date has passed the current date.

This is not possible because HP has put they command "day ago" (in state of days ahead) in the filter field. (see screenshot)

Now we have a few questions:
- Does somebody know the solution to this problem?
- Is it possible to manually create query in Servicedesk where you can generate it yourself?
- Is it possible to edit the views.dat file (to change the values of the serviceview)

If you maybe don't know the answer, but know a workaround please also post it!

Thanks in advance for your response.

6 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: How to create a service view with criterion: actual start date is older then currentdate +7 days

Hi there,

Are you using 4.5? I think you will find there is an operator "In the next 7 days" and this should do what you want

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net

Re: How to create a service view with criterion: actual start date is older then currentdate +7 days

Thank you for you quick response. but this isn't the answer to my question.

I'm indeed using SD 4.5.

When you use the operator "In the next 7 days" you don't see the calls where the actual start date is older then the currentdate/systemdate.
So if we have a call where the actual start day is yesterday we don't see it and we forget to handle this call.

the workaround is to make 2 serviceviews and watch them both each day, but it has to be easier to do this I think.

Do you have also an answer on the following questions?
- Is it possible to manually create query in Servicedesk where you can generate it yourself?
- Is it possible to edit the views.dat file (to change the values of the serviceview)
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Sorry - missed the point.

On my SP 20 system I can do this using an OR condition on the filter - see attached.

To do this you will need to upgrade to a later SP - I can't remeber when the OR facility was put in but as you can see it is available in SP 20.

Hope this helps

Ruth

Thank you for your response and help.

We were running on SP17. In SP17 it's not possible to do this! I have upgraded SD to SP 20, and used the new feature.

This is the answer to my question.

Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Glad I could help but some pouts would be nice if it helped!

Ruth
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event