Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to create a role with restricted admin rights (only data import available)

Highlighted
Juraj Luchava
New Member.

How to create a role with restricted admin rights (only data import available)

I would like to create a role in OVSD which will have rights to see from administrator console only the Data item (and maybe only Data exchange). All other items from Admin console I would like to hide for that account/role. Is it possible to do it and can you somebody discribe how can I do it? [The reason is, that I need to have a role for agent, who can import data into database, but I would like to restrict any other activity from him. Or perhaps somebody can suggest another way, how agent can load data into ovsd except that way via admin console.] Thanks a lot for your support.
3 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to create a role with restricted admin rights (only data import available)

Hi,

you can't set up a system admin account and modify the access levels.

Can you fully automate the data exchange and use an intergration account to run it. An intergration account will be able to run the data exchange without having client access to OVSD.
David Borojevic
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: How to create a role with restricted admin rights (only data import available)

And if they don't need to modify import mappings, just run adhoc exchanges, you could have a scheduled task that runs every fifteen minutes or so looking for a file on a share. If it exists then run the data exchange.

We do this with a scheduled task that runs a vb script and it emails the result of any data exchange it runs, then moves the source file, log file and xml to a subfolder.

Cheers
Bhuvnesh
Honored Contributor.

Hi,
Have you considered using an an account having integration role for your integration. This way the account has full permissions to do data import but no one will ever be able to login to service desk using that account.
Regards,
Bhuvnesh