The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 10:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 10:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a new field in OVSD

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
sameekroy10
Occasional Advisor

How to create a new field in OVSD

I want to modify a form with an attribute which hasn't yet been created (Usually we drag and drop those items in the form from already created attributes). Obviously this attribute or field has to be created. But I am unable to find a way to create a new field. I tried the custom fields as well.
5 REPLIES
bharad

Re: How to create a new field in OVSD

which version of SD are you using? what type of a field do u need? selection box? text box?

and in which module do u want the field to appear?
sameekroy10
Occasional Advisor

It's a time/date field which has to be placed on a default incident form. Usually I drag and drop these items in the form, but this one is not available.
sameekroy10
Occasional Advisor

I am using sd 4.5 sp17
bharad
Solution

If you have already created this field in "Data - Custome Fields -> incidents" by selecting the field type as "Date" and display as "Date and time" (which ever format u want)

In the same window
Make sure you have checked "Activate" field and selected "for all categories" option.

If this is done, you can go to form design in Presentation and add the field to the form.

Else, you have to first create the custom field "Data - Custome Fields -> incidents" by selecting the field type as "Date" and display as "Date and time" (which ever format u want)

sameekroy10
Occasional Advisor

That worked well!! Thanks a lot
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event