Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check which form is related to Service Pages?

Highlighted
Fenny_1
Collector

How to check which form is related to Service Pages?

Couls anyone plz tell me how can i find out this thing which form is related to my service pages?

Waiting for you reply. Thanks in adavnce
22 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: How to check which form is related to Service Pages?

Hi,

you don't relate a form to the service page. You relate a template to populate some values when a new service pages request is opened.

To change the appearance of the service pages you need to modify the .jsp files that render it as a web page as opposed to a "form"
Fenny_1
Collector

Hi Mark,
Thanks for such a quick response. can you please tell me from where i can check which template is realted to Service pages.
Yadu
Collector

Hi,

Go to Administrator console->Service Pages->Data->Template Settings. Here you can get the Service Page related templates.

HTH,
-Yadu-
Fenny_1
Collector

Hi,
Thanx for your reply. Now the problem am facing is that, after finding the template which is related to SP when i make some changes in that template it would not take any effect. Actually i want to make some fields mandatory but these fields are not viewable on SP's so i need to assign some default value so that it would not prompt the user that the mandatory field is missing.
I hope you got my point and help me in this regard.
Yadu
Collector

Hi,

The Template will be there in the Admin Console -> hp openview service desk -> Data -> Templates -> Service Call. Here you need to set the default value for perticular field.

HTH,
-Yadu-
Fenny_1
Collector

Hi yadu,
I have setted a default value in the template but its not working. On service pages it's still asking for a value :(
Fenny_1
Collector

yadu,
I would like to add one more thing here, in the admin system's Service pages section am unable to see the new template. Wat's the reason for that.
Yadu
Collector

Hi,

The process is,

1. Create a templete in the service desk.
2. Set the default values for templates.
3. Configure the same template in the Service pages >> Data >> Template Setting >> Service Call >> SP End User.

So that you can get the same template in the service pages.

HTH,
-Yadu-
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

after making the changes stop and restart the Openview tomcat servcie either from the strt programs meno or the servcies snap-in -which ever you are using to run the service.
Fenny_1
Collector

Hi yadu/Mark,
I have made a new template and also start/stop the whole application but am not getting the template in SP end user.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

after creating the template you have to set it up to be the default SP users template.

Follow the attached screenshot to make sure you have done this. Set is for the SP users. The engineer view is for users logging on with an application account.
Fenny_1
Collector

Mark,
The thing im missing is that am not able to see the template which i have made in the template list for SP end user.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

What SP are you on?

While we figure out the missing template issue can you select any of the existing templates? If so as a test modify an existing template to do what you want - set it as the SP template, restart the tomcat service and make sure it all works.
Fenny_1
Collector

I have tried that too but it's not working. Am attching the screen shots. IN SP1 file just check the no. of templates and SP file when am trying to relate them with SP end user there many templates which are not listed there.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

When you create the new template under the name field there should be a folder you can choose to set the "Template Category" which will put the template into the folder structure shown in the second screen shot.

Existing templates can be put into the folders too.

I don't have a copy of V5 running the moment to sent a screenshot.
Fenny_1
Collector

Mark,
Thanks, i got the templates to relate with SP end user. But still it's asking for the mandatory fields. I have filled to default values in the mandatory fields but in vain
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hmm... I saw something similar in the test lab last week.

What I have done in the past is to create a new status for Service Page requests say "Registered" and set only the mandatory fields for Service Pages requests based on this status. Support request mandatory fields are set based on another status. I think this gets around the issue.

I imagine that the template should populate the SP fields but this seems not to be the case.

Don't forget all point are appreciated!!
Fenny_1
Collector

Mark,
What i understand from you reply is that it's bug/error in SD4.5. Am i right?
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

I don't know if I would call it a bug just yet. I didn't have time to look into this fully when i was in the test lab.

There is another option of using DB rules to set the values that you want set with the template.
Fenny_1
Collector

Mark,
Actually in our environment we have two types of users.Application account and SP users. what i want to do is that both of them are using the same form with same fields. I want to restrict my application account/SD client account users to add information in mandatory fields when they are registering a service call but these fields are not visible on SP's(SP are used by us to quickly log a call). So i want to relate a template with SP end user so that these mandatory fields are automatically filled using a default value already assigned and SP user dont receive any error of missing information in mandatory field.

Can this be done by some other way then using a template.
Yadu
Collector

Hi,

For that create another template as the template which is using by the application account and set the default value for mandatory fields and relate the same template for SP Users.

HTH,
-Yadu-
Fenny_1
Collector

Hi Yadu,
As per my discussion with mark, i have already done that which you have suggested. But its not working. It's still asking to fill values in mandatory fields. In the template assigned i already defined some values but it's not picking the values from the template.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event