How to brand a field in SD4.5 SP20

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Horst Niederhoe
Trusted Contributor.

How to brand a field in SD4.5 SP20

Hi !

I have created a rule, that the entries into the field Information are being copied to field actions with a timestamp.

Now, the field Actions can be modified but I like to brand this field for readonly (grey).
Anybody has an idea ?
I think it´s easy but I haven´t found this possibility.

Thanks for replies!
3 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: How to brand a field in SD4.5 SP20

Hi there,

You need to ensure that all the roles that have access to view the record type are modified so that this field is read-only.

Go to Tols>System>Security>Access>Roles and then open the relevant role. Select the item type and then press the Advanced button, select the field in the list and press the View button.
Repeat for all the relevant roles.

Hope this helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

be sure that no users have write access to the field within ANY role as the users will get the highest level of privliges from the roles. Also when creating new roles be sure the access for the field is view only.
Horst Niederhoe
Trusted Contributor.

Hi there,

You need to ensure that all the roles that have access to view the record type are modified so that this field is read-only.

Go to Tols>System>Security>Access>Roles and then open the relevant role. Select the item type and then press the Advanced button, select the field in the list and press the View button.
Repeat for all the relevant roles.

Hope this helps, Ruth