The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign Response time and resolution time in SD 4.5

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
raam.mk
Super Collector

How to assign Response time and resolution time in SD 4.5

Hi All how to assign response time and resolution time for a service call in Service Desk 4.5 with Service pack 21
9 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: How to assign Response time and resolution time in SD 4.5

Hi there,

If you mean how do you report on it then what you need to define is how you know a response has been sent out and how do you know when it is resolved.

Typically, this would be a status chnage and you can report on that from the history or have rules which capture the time at which they happen in custom fields or even in a standard field such as Actual Finish for the resolution case.

Hope this helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Pai
Collector

Hi.

you can have resolution time with the help of Actual Start, Actual Finish and actual Duration fields. where actual duration is ur resolution time. the calculation is simple and automated (tool does it for u)

Actual duration= (Actual finish-Actual start).

ur job is set when ur actual start and actual finish are caputured.......this is based on status and adding some rules.

regards Pai
raam.mk
Super Collector

Hi Ruth /Pai,

I want to have a field in the form , How do I go , I have created a custom field how to configure it help me.
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

Create the custom field (Tools>System>Data>Custom fields) and then add to a form by Tools>System>Presenation>forms

Hope this helps, Ruth

PS don't forget the points!
http://www.teamultra.net
Pai
Collector

Yup as Ruth says go to tools>system>presentation>forms

there u get all the fields u ve created on the right, just drag and drop it in the form where u wants this custom field to appear........as simple as tat.

.....Pai
Bhuvnesh
Frequent Visitor

Hi,
For Resolution deadline is captured by default in the "Deadline" field. The value in this is set based on "Priority Duration Settings". So for every priority you can have a different deadline.

For response deadline create a custom field of type Date for the item you want to capture response time (ex: Service Call).
If you want to define the deadline automatically then you need to create database rules for this. For example you could set response deadline for each priority.

Hope this helps.
raam.mk
Super Collector

Hi Still am not able to go ahead as my actual start time is empty even after registering a service call.

Buvanesh am looking for a tab response time.
Pai
Collector
Solution

Hi Raam, as i explained earlier ur actual start will populate only if a rule triggers it.

if your process needs actual to capture time when the Service call goes in to Registered mode ......then set a rule saying when the service is created or modified
COndition = status = Registered
Actions = actual start = registeration created date

or actual start = current date.

hope this helps.
raam.mk
Super Collector

Thanx for all the replies ..
Keep it up dudes
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event