Did you mean: 

How to add new permissions to tables to be publishes in web services

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Sombrerero_Loco
Regular Collector

How to add new permissions to tables to be publishes in web services

Hi again, im still figthing with SC 6.2 and web services, now i have another doubt. I need to publish some tables in extaccess (for example producttype), but in extaccess for producttype in allowed actions i can only assign the permissions of Save, Create & Delete. How i can add also de permission of Retrieve? i was taking a look to the Document Engine, but i can't find anything that point me to the right direction, the help is useless at this point and there's no info in ITRC about it.

Thanks for all!
3 REPLIES
Jacob Heubner
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How to add new permissions to tables to be publishes in web services

I _could_ be wrong (though I don't think I am) but when you expose a table via an extacess record, the Retrieve, RetrieveList and RetrieveKeysList are automatically created in the WSDL. You don't have to create separate actions for them; they exist by default when the WSDL is made.

For example, look at the OOB IncidentManagement extacess record. Retrieve isn't one of the methods in the record, but it does exist in the WSDL.

So, I'd try this:

First, expose the fields in the extacess record without selecting an action (save, create, delete) and save the record. If the record saves (if it passes validation) look at the WSDL and see if the Retrieve method was created. IF it fails validation (if you have to choose an action) choose Save, and then check the WSDL.
Sombrerero_Loco
Regular Collector

Hi jacob, you mean do a Web Services query to see if it gives me the data? or where i should see the wdsl?
Sombrerero_Loco
Regular Collector

You rocks man! that right, by default it create the retrieve keys as a "de-facto" permission. 10 points again!
Thanks a lot!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event