Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to Generate KPIs in Service Desk for Config As well as Change Management?

Highlighted
Andy S
Trusted Contributor.

How to Generate KPIs in Service Desk for Config As well as Change Management?

I have SD 5.03 installed with 2 modules currently set up in the same i.e. Config Management and Change Management. How do I generate the following KPIs for these modules? Does Service Desk have any utility either in built or third party solution? Any guidance on this woild be appreciated? the desired KPIs are as follows;
CONFIG MANAGEMENT KPIs:
-----------------------
1) For a CI find out how many and what relations are missing and/or wrongly defined by the CI owner?

2) % of changes backed out due to incorrect CMDB data?

Thanks
-Andy
1 REPLY
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to Generate KPIs in Service Desk for Config As well as Change Management?

Hi Andy,

some comments:

1) For a CI find out how many and what relations are missing and/or wrongly defined by the CI owner?

Have you defined what the relations are and what are the right and wrong relationships etc?
OVSD doesn't handle reporting of realtions very well from its GUI. It will be able to show you the relations but not export them to an excel. I guess a 3rd party tool is required here but how does it decide if a relationship is missing?

2) % of changes backed out due to incorrect CMDB data?

In change management add a closure code field called "Backed out-Incorrect CMDB Data" and have the people closing changes choose the value when it is applicable. It is easy to run a report from OVSD against this value, export to excel and get the %