Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to Display Related info. on a SC ... !

Highlighted
Thiwanka
Super Contributor.

How to Display Related info. on a SC ... !

Dear All,

I have the following requirement to be full, filled, Pls help.

Requirement - On a new SC, when the operator inputs the CI Serial No, SD should display the realed Organization and caller in SC form.

I have gone through Business Logic-UI Rules.
But I don't no how to implement.

Pls help .... !

Thanks,

Thiwanka.
IT is Great !
5 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to Display Related info. on a SC ... !

Hello,

The "relation" can have many meanings. If by "relation" you mean "CI users" or "CI orgs", you can't. If by relation you mean "Administrator Person" and "Administrator Organization" or "Owner Person" or "Owner Organization" it could be done with a ui rule that sets caller to ci administrator or ci owner. If this person is relatet to an organization, the organization will be entered automatically. If the owner organization is different than caller's organization you can't have both.
menes fhtagn
Dan Ioan
Honored Contributor.

Hi Thiwanka,

Actually, when you fill caller name in a new SC, SD will fulfil caller organization and CI used by caller in your form. I suppose that you don't know caller name but you have serial number of a CI that is subject of an incident or request.
Can you be more specific and describe the reason of your request?

Regards,

Dan
Thiwanka
Super Contributor.

Dear Dan Loan,

Basically we have implemented a Helpdesk here. So when Cx callâ s, we get the CI serial No.
I want to implement SD in a such a way, when we get the CI S/N, the related Caller and Organization should appear automatically. This will help are Helpdesk staff greatly to reduce time.

Can we achieve this .... ?

Pls need advice ASAP !

Thanks,

Thiwanka.
IT is Great !
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

hi
When you set CI run the Action with dataform, where set the parametrs as "... -listAlways +"ConfigurationItems.ToConfigurationItem.SEARCHCODE=xxxxxxx", then as result you get on screen list of Organization used by this CI, use Drag&Drop from list to Organization field.

Believe that what you like.
Dan Ioan
Honored Contributor.

Hi Thiwanka,

The things are more complicated than seems to be, because a CI could have one user, more than one(desktops or laptops), or no users (e.g. servers, switches). So, you can have multiple relations between a CI and the users of that CI or don't. A better aproach is to use 'Owner person' field and of course 'Owner Organization' of that CI. So, you must create a custom field to fulfil serial number of that CI and than a UI rule to get "owner person" and fulfil caller filed and his organization (automatically by SD) as George Menegakis said above.

Regards,

Dan