Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

How extract the telephone number of the members of a work group?

Highlighted
Oscar U Diaz
Respected Contributor.

How extract the telephone number of the members of a work group?

Hello,

I need to put in a single text field the telephone numbers of members of a work group, as I do this?

Thanks
4 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How extract the telephone number of the members of a work group?

Hello Oscar,

Actually it's very easy. It's easier that you think!

Go to shorcut bar. Right Click and press "Add Shortcut..."

There as URL enter 624492548 as Name select 'Member'. Select it. Depending on how many workgroups and how many persons you have this might take a while.

Anyway, when the view is presented select 'Customize Current View'. From the fields, select "Person" and from there locate "Telephone Number" and add it to view.

Press "Filter" to add a filter to present only the group you are interested.

Press a refresh to refresh the view and then File/Export to and save it in whatever format it suites you.

If you are not using a filter, then a person (since a person can belongs to several groups) will appear several times in that view.
menes fhtagn
Oscar U Diaz
Respected Contributor.

Hello George

Thanks for the informacióm, what we really need is to place the number of telephones together in a single field in SD, I use an application to send SMS messages to cellular telephones and if I find a way to have all the telephone numbers in a field, I do one single rule for sending SMS messages without having to make a rule with a lot of action, and that may be easier to manage
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

So if i understand correctly, you need a way for example when a ticket is assigned to a group, to gather the mobile phones of the members of the group to a single field.

If the telephone number is stored the default way (that means as member of an entity set) and not as text field, I don't think that you can do much unless using a web-api application.

However if there is a sigle text field on each person that stores the mobile phone you can

1. Use a person db rule to set a custom workgroup field to the value of the mobile
2. Use a workgroup db rule to concatenate the value of the custom field that was updated from the first rule to a larger text field. Don't forget to include any necessary separators (like ,)
3. Modify your rule that sends SMS to use the value of the custom large text field of the workgroup that contains the list of the mobiles.

menes fhtagn
Oscar U Diaz
Respected Contributor.

Hello George,

Thanks for the information, is very useful, with that logic I can go on the right path, I have to develop the rules for this.

Thanks,