Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

How do I find the state at a given point back in time?

Highlighted
Helge Langholm
Super Contributor.

How do I find the state at a given point back in time?

Hi all !

In servicedesk 4.5 I am interested in finding the state of all incidents at a specific point back in time. I need to know the values of several fields (status, workgroup, assignee, etc). Any ideas on how I can extract this data and present it in Servicedesk ?
5 REPLIES
Michel SILVA SO
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: How do I find the state at a given point back in time?

Hello Helge,

one first thing you could do is open the Advanced Search and on the Advanced Tab add a criterion based on:
Field: History;Subject
Operator: contains(AND)
Value:

You have to type manually the "History;Subject" string on the "Field" field.

Hope this helps,
Rgds,
Michel.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Helge,

Assuming that you have enabled audit on those fields you can find information on history lines.
menes fhtagn
Helge Langholm
Super Contributor.

Hello Michael and George.

Today we have a view listing all open incidents. What I ideally would like to do is generate an identical view for a specific time (say 10:00 pm last night). I want to have the state of the incidents at that actual time, and not the recent state which in most cases will have changed.

Auditing the fields and using history lines may give me the information I need, but doesn't this require me to open each of the incidents and manually check the state?

rgds
Helge
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

can you develop an SQL script to generate the report which can be opened and viewed in Excel.

The script could be set to run at the time in question say 10pm using a scheduler program (Windows scheduler or cron job) and reviewed the following day.

not sure if you can generate the view in SD itsself. You could try to use sd-dataform -listalways [paremeters] and run that using a scheduler calling the command line but it will just leave a seperate view on the system (and the client may have to have an active login at the time the command runs)
Helge Langholm
Super Contributor.

Hi Mark,

I guess the sql approach is the best way to solve this. It would be nice beeing able to view the data directly from servicedesk, but I will use sql to generate the reports needed. Thanks !

Rgds
Helge