Did you mean: 

How can I turn off automatic logging of emails in service desk

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Kieran Maloney
Regular Collector

How can I turn off automatic logging of emails in service desk

I want to disable this function for a few days as I have turned on 2 database rules that inform the users that a call is logged and closed, but the users are replying to these mails and it's registering a call

Thanks Kieran
4 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How can I turn off automatic logging of emails in service desk

Hi Kieran,

You can make the New command Unavailble on the email commands tab on email settings in system panel. Double click on the New command and check the unavailable box.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Kieran Maloney
Regular Collector

Thanks Ruth

Hi Kieran,

If you disable the "new" command - does this not disable the creation of new servicecalls entirely ?

Would another option be to set the reply to field to a "dummy" email address ?

Dave.
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

Logging (serverlog that is, for troubleshooting) is turned on in the system panel, general settings (enable debug).

Also change the REPLY TO email address (create a dump account) used THAT IS NOT TIED TO A TEMPLATE FOR INBOUND EMAIL. This way if they reply it goes into a group box that can be set up to be viewed by the support staff... whatever your process may be?

Also add a line to the bottom of the email OR the top informing them "DO NOT REPLY, THIS IS AN INFORMATIONAL EMAIL ONLY!" Inform them not to reply.

Disabling the new command will keep any requests from being created, but you need to look at the setup because you really shouldn't have to disable the new command especially if you want to be able to submit via email.

Additionally you can check the box under the NEW command specifying "person must be assignee" so that the customer even if they reply do not have perms to create the request via email.

Anyway... good luck.
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event