Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Hiding the templates for admins in SD 4.5

Highlighted
mg_ITE
Super Contributor.

Hiding the templates for admins in SD 4.5

Hi. I have question, is there any way to disable templates (even for admins of SD) for displaing them? I have some old templates and I have to hide them from admins. I found two boolean fields for templates: Blocked and Template Blocked and I found the way how can I set Blocked parameter to "yes", but I can find a way to set Template Blocked parameter to "yes". May be this will cause that the templates will not be present in templates list for admins??
4 REPLIES
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Hiding the templates for admins in SD 4.5

If the administrator role has access to everything, shouldn't you look at creating roles with less access for those users (evidently not admins since they can't have access to everything) you need to "hide" stuff from?
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

Why don't you use TEmplate Categories so at least the templates are grouped under a category like "Data Exchange" or "Admin Use". Then the Sys Admin will only see them if he looks in that Category, provided he is using File->New to create records.
He will still see them all if he just drops down the template list when creating a record rather than using File->New.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

hi
create one more category "Not used" as example. move blocked template to new category.change new category to blocked. blocked category does not show in Tamplate chooser by category in user console when you will select the category.

Believe it help,
Vasily
mg_ITE
Super Contributor.

closed