Hiding system History Line entries

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Damian Comer
Occasional Contributor

Hiding system History Line entries

Hi all.

I wanted to create a form and on the front sheet have only the manual history lines that have been added.

Our Helpdesk is saying that trawling through the History Lines to get full details on the call is taking an age.
12 REPLIES
MarkvL
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Hiding system History Line entries

Hi Damian,

It should be possible to do this but unfortunately it does not work because of a bug, here is the full description.

http://openview.hp.com/ecare/getsupportdoc?docid=ITSM008348

Administrator Console > Presentation > Views > History line Service call

Filter setting in History line Service call view does not work at all.

How to reproduce:

1. Under Administrator Console > Presentation > Views > History line Service
call, set filter to Registration;Created by; not equal to System administrator.
2. Open History tab in a Service Call and check for System administrator's
entries, all the entries are still visible, the filter does not work.

Unknown when it will be fixed.

Mark
HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Damian,

We set the default history line view to group on whether the lines are system or user. This approach might help you achieve what you need. Make sure that the groups are not expanded by default.

-Josh
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

another approach is to use the 64k field as a running diary instead of using history lines. That way all updates are entered into and viewable from the one place. With auditing enabled on the fields you will be able ot see the changes that were made and by whom. it takes a bit to set up but works well.
David Borojevic
Frequent Visitor

Hi Damian,

AS already mentioned you can group by the system flag but we decided to take another approach. We have changed the colour scheme. System = grey, email out/in=red and manual=purple and information for assignee in green. We feel this is better as the chronology is retained whereas grouping doesn't provide that.

Goto Presentation Views, History Lines Service Call or whatever. See attachment.

Cheers
dschul
Regular Collector

Hi David

I think that's a good idea. Hope you can help me with this. :-)
Where exactly can I find the autoformat? I navigated to the views. But there I can only create a new view for History lines of Service Calls. See screenshot.

Where exactly can I find the Autoformat?

Thanks

Daniel
David Borojevic
Frequent Visitor

Hi Damian,

You are on 5 and we are on 4.5. But I guess that 'Format Rules' or 'Table Settings' is where you would find equivalent functionality.

Good luck.

Note that it took us a bit of tweaking and the sequence of the rules was important.

Cheers
Damian Comer
Occasional Contributor

Cheers for all the replies guys, really appreciate it.

I have gone down the route that Mark suggested and it's worked brilliantly. All the Sys Admin entries have been taken out and the comments remain.

Appart from the fact of when I re-assign the call to someone, that entry is made by myself and not the System Admin account.

Taking the same premis, is there an 'object' that I can filter out regarding re-assigning.

Nearly there guys :)
Damian Comer
Occasional Contributor

Cheers for all the replies guys, really appreciate it.

I have gone down the route that Mark suggested and it's worked brilliantly. All the Sys Admin entries have been taken out and the comments remain.

Apart from the fact of when I re-assign the call to someone, that entry is made by myself and not the System Admin account.

Taking the same premise, is there an 'object' that I can filter out regarding re-assigning.

Nearly there guys :)
Axel Jaskulski
Regular Collector

hi,

sorry that i have to ask - we're running service desk 4.5 SP27. i know that i added the auto format settings to mark system entries in blue and manuall added entries in red some years ago .. now we're doing a review of these settings and want to change it and also add some additional things to it.

my problem now is - i only can add "Template;fieds" via the dropdown menus. i remember that i had to enter the field "System;" manually - but now it doesn't work any more .. - how was the concrete procedure to add these hidden fields?

thanks for a short answer in advance.

bye,

axel
Axel Jaskulski
Regular Collector

btw .. - is it possible to filter by "Subject" in the History Lines ?

What i want is to keep out special entries that always start possible with "Field XY was set to...".

Axel Jaskulski
Regular Collector

ok .. i got it myselfe .. - these fields have to be enabled by checking the system option in
-> General Settings -> Enable Searching Historylines ...
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Axel, try posting new threads with your questions instead of necro-posting and hijacking other users' threads... I'm just saying.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event