The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help refining permissions

Highlighted
Charlie llewell
Occasional Advisor

Help refining permissions

Hi All,

I am having problems allocating the correct permissions for staff using the Servicedesk tool.

I need it to be possible for them to update any calls logged by themselves (regardless of the workgroup the call has been assigned to) and alter any calls assigned to their workgroups or themsleves. I have tried using the built in permissions but cannot enable them to update calls they have logged, they can only update calls assigned to themselves or their workgroup.

Does anyone know if it is possible to achieve this?
4 REPLIES
Adrian Collins
Regular Collector

Re: Help refining permissions

Hi Charlie,

You're not going to be able to do what you require using role based permissions - the restriction on whether a user can modify when assigned to workgroups they are a part of is about as granular as it gets.

It could be possible to work around this issue through use of restrictive views however - some of which only show calls created by the user, and others which only show calls assigned to workgroups the user is a part of.

The drawback of this approach is that the user will not have access to view calls outside these criteria, but this may or may not be an issue depending on your needs.

Cheers,
Adrian Collins
Charlie llewell
Occasional Advisor

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the reply I will look into using views.

Thanks

Charlie
Charlie llewell
Occasional Advisor

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the reply I will look into using views, the problem with this is the large amount of admin.

Thanks

Charlie
Adrian Collins
Regular Collector

Hi Charlie,

Can you please assign points if my reply was able to help?

Thanks,
Adrian
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event