Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Help needed on creating DB rule for Incident

Highlighted
Ali AK_1
Super Contributor.

Help needed on creating DB rule for Incident

hello All, I am using OVSD 5.1 and I want to create a DB Rule which would automatically assign the incident ticket to the Adminstrator workgroup of the CI.

Unforunately, we dont have a field like "Administrator Workgroup" in the Configuration Item in OVSD 5.1

Can anyone suggest How I frame my rule to get this accomplished?

When Incident is created
Assignment; To Workgroup is empty
(What would be my actions here)

Please suggest
7 REPLIES
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Help needed on creating DB rule for Incident

I think there is still a cusotm workgroup field in 5.1 (like 4.5) so you could activate and rename that to be Admin WG then populate it for all CI's. Then you DB rule is simply to set Assignemtn To; Workgroup = CI; Admin Wg.

If you can't then maybe you could assign based on the Category of the CI? eg if Category = Windows Server then Assignmen to; WG = Server Support. But you might need a lot of these rules.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
Ali AK_1
Super Contributor.

Thanks Ken. I did check the OVSD 5.1 custom fields here:

Data --> Custom Fields --> Configuration Item

I find that the check-box "All Categories" has been checked here. I dont see anything like "Workgroup" here in the list.

Is my approach correct? Am I checking things correctly here? Please correct me if I am wrong. Kindly suggest. Thank you.
Ali AK_1
Super Contributor.

Any further help/suggestions on this please?
jayaramu
Respected Contributor.

Hi Ali,

There are fields in CI for administrator like aministrator Person, workgroup, organization you can update the same for CI's and just use a simple rule to assign to administrator workgroup for CI.

Please check the attachment of the same.
Ali AK_1
Super Contributor.

Thanks Jayaramu.

Actually, the one you attached is available in OVSD 4.5, but I dont have it in OVSD 5.1

I am using OVSD 5.1 and thats the biggest problem here for me now. Please let me know if you have any similar option available in OVSD 5.1. Thanks again.
Ali AK_1
Super Contributor.

I approached HP Reponse Center for this.

I got it accomplished. I created a custom CI field "CI Admin Workgroup" and added it in the Form CI.

I then set my DB Rule as I had in my OVSD 4.5 and it worked. THanks for all suggestions on this.
Ali AK_1
Super Contributor.

I approached HP Reponse Center for this.

I got it accomplished. I created a custom CI field "CI Admin Workgroup" and added it in the Form CI.

I then set my DB Rule as I had in my OVSD 4.5 and it worked. THanks for all suggestions on this.