Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for dealing with Unassigned Tickets (SD 4.5 SP20)

Highlighted
PeterGray
Occasional Contributor

Help for dealing with Unassigned Tickets (SD 4.5 SP20)

Hi,

I am looking for solutions on dealing with unassigned tickets. I want to automatically assign tickets to a group co-ordinator after x days if still unassigned.
I have already created a rule for this using a rule where any tickets are unassigned after 6 days using a DB Rule. The problem with this is that it creates a scheduled task for all tickets when each ticket is created, causing a huge increase in scheduled tasks.

Is there any other way this can be achieved? Is there any fields that can be used to check if a ticket is still unassigned & will then assign to the group co-ordinator?

Thanks,

Peter
3 REPLIES
Eric Ung
Frequent Visitor

Re: Help for dealing with Unassigned Tickets (SD 4.5 SP20)

Peter,
How about creating a view for the Group Cordinator using Assignment To Person is Empty and Registration Created Older Than X days.
PeterGray
Occasional Contributor

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your mail.The issue is that I need to automatically assign the calls if the groups are not managed by the Group co-ordinators in a timely fashion. This needs to be automated as there can be several hundred calls that are unassigned at any time.

Thanks,

Peter
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

The only thing that I can think of is doing this externally - i.e. you could run a WEB-API application every day (or every hour or every whatever) that would look for such tickets and assign them (or better do some change that would trigger some rule so that the logic of what's changed stays in SD and not in the application).
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event