It was not that much hard in SD4.5,
Anyone ever discovered how?

Thanks
4 REPLIES
Gyula Matics_1
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Having not unique Searchcode? How? SD 5.x

Search codes are always unique in 5.0. You can't change that.
urza_urza
Respected Contributor.

Thanks Gyula,

This means we have make a workaround when we import some identities of same names,

I already use some commands in the .ini file of the data exchange but all I do is guessing about those commands.

Is there any source which describes those commands which are usable at .ini file briefly or at least a list of those files should me much helpful to those who implement any import. Thanks for your help.
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

Not quite true Gyula - Search codes do not have to be unique. But you still have the options to make CI search codes unique in V5, and you can now make some other fields unique too.
You do this under Admin console ->Data-> Unique Fields. Unfortunately, doesn't apply to Person Seach codes (which it should!!!), but you can select CI and make Search Code, Serial No, Name 2, IP address etc unique. Also, if you create new custom fields they might then appear in this list...but not always. Not sure why. HTH....Ken
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
Victor Helsinki
Trusted Contributor.

Quite impressive improvements in turns of being unique in Service Desk 5.x

If your requirement for a non unique Search Code is for exchange purposes you should be able to find a workaround, otherwise not much to do as it appears to be an error when importing multiple same search codes.

I also would be greatly happy to learn a way to import some data which are all consists of numbers.