Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

HTTP service on port 30980 disabled

Highlighted
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

HTTP service on port 30980 disabled

Hi,

I have integrated my HPSD 4.5 with sp13 with OVO.Before i was getting incidents automatically generated from OVO but it is not working now.To check for the same,I used following command on the cmd prompt:
ROOT\event\bin\sd_event.exe -f sd_event.ini -v event_id=121 description='test'..

But it is giving error in the log file:
"Could not connect to the application server.Check HTTP settings in server settings editor".
Also I have checked for the server status where it is showing HTTP service as disabled.In log file of server,It is showing error that: "HTTP Service on port 30980 disabled.Error: Address in use:JVM_Bind"

I am able to log calls from client and web...
I have attached the snapshots..

Please update me asap...

Regards,
Akhil
6 REPLIES
Jonathon Druce
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HTTP service on port 30980 disabled

Go to the server settings editor and see if the HTTP protocol is enabled. Did you mean that you have just upgraded? Did you upgrade event?
Ramaprasad N
Outstanding Contributor.

The error in the log file (Address in Use), indicates that the port is already in use. I think there's already a service listening on that port. Stop your app server service and make sure that nothing is running on por 30980. If the port is in use, kill the process using that port. Then restart the OVSD app server service.
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

My HTTP service are runing but the original problem still persists i.e while using sd_event command,I get the same error in the log file:"Could not connect to the application server.Check HTTP settings in server settings editor".

Please suggest the appropriate steps to be done.

Regards,
Akhil
Ramaprasad N
Outstanding Contributor.

Please check whether you can connect to OVSD app server on HTTP port (telnet ). Also, check whether OVSD agent is running.
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

Both of these are working i.e I am able to telnet to that port and agent is running.

Pls suggest...

Regards,
Akhil
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

I have reinstalled the SD and its working fine now.