Did you mean: 

HPSDOV 4.5 Sp17

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Andrew H-C
Super Collector

HPSDOV 4.5 Sp17

When I use the standard view "Service Today For Person" Table. The field called "Caller Name" ,which is available in a service call, cannot be added as a field name (column heading) or via the filter.

Is there any way I can make this field visible?
10 REPLIES
Sandeshp_1

Re: HPSDOV 4.5 Sp17

Hi Andrew,

The problem may be because of attribute "caller name" is not added in the view of service call today for person table.
Andrew H-C
Super Collector

Do you know how I can add the attribute "caller name" into this view?
Sandeshp_1

Hi Andrew

Please find attachment. Hope it will help u more.
Andrew H-C
Super Collector

As you can see from the attached document I have slightly different views and the field I need is not showing anywhere in service today?
Sandeshp_1

Hi Andrew,
The screen shot which i placed was for 5.1. No problem.

Have u able to find "Caller" attribute in available fields ? See attachment for more details.

If it is viewable in service call, it must be there.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Andrew,

you are limited in the fields that can be displayed in the Service Today view. On me default install I cannt add "Caller" but I can add "Requestor" by choosing the person drop down. Yiou should have one or the other available.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

I for got the attachment
Sandeshp_1

Hi Andrew,

I think i put the Wrong screen shot. It is for the view in SC and not for Service today.

Andrew H-C
Super Collector

Thanks Sandeshp and Mark for your quick responses.

As you can see in the screen shot, our Service Today view includes all of the item types. The requestor field displays the information for Work Orders and Changes but nothing for Sevice Calls or Projects hence the original question. It appears we cannot solve this one so I will close the thread.

Cheers

Andrew
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

try this. Create a Ui rule for both Service Calls and Projects. Have it set the value of Requestor to the value of Caller (or vice versa) if these are available as an attribite in the UI rule. (You may need to activate the requestor or caller field)

Other option is to swap one field so that all forms show the field being displayed in Service Today. At the end of the day is is just a person record look up.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event