The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPSD Licenses

Highlighted
Akies
Occasional Visitor

HPSD Licenses

Hi,

Currently my Customer have purchased 12 con-current licenses for engineers(analysts: who can update the calls(assignee)).But number of analysts are around 70 so customer wants that they should be able to update the call(change status,provide solution and reassign the calls) thourgh web.

I have tried this thing but again to give anaysts these web rights,we need to make an application account which again takes con-current licenses..Is there any workaround or customer have to purchase license for the same..

I have tested this thing by making some 12 new application accounts as concurrent users but after I try to login 13th concurrent user (provided all 12 users are currently login through web),I am getting error that maximum 12 concurrent users are allowed.You have exceeded the limit.

Please revert back asap..

Thanks & Regards,
Akhil
6 REPLIES
Michael Lutfi
Frequent Visitor

Re: HPSD Licenses

you need to create the accounts in the service pages tab which is a few steps just below the where you create the application accounts...make sure you relate the accounts to the user's person records as well :)

this way you dont consume accounts from you concurrent and named licenses...
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, you can create SP (Service Pages) accounts, which will not use any license. However, it's not possible to provide all the OVSD client features to Service pages accounts. Also, SP accounts will not give access to OVSD client UI. They are web-only accounts.

To me, looks like customer has to purchase more number of liceses. The number depends on the requirement. Whether all the 70 users will access OVSD at the same point of time? or do they work in shifts? How many user accounts (max) need to be connected to OVSD at the same point of time? You can produce license to suit this requirement.

NOTE: Reducing the session time out, could increase the license availability, if you are falling short of few licenses.
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Well Michiel,I knew this thing but only creating SP account will not give access to modify the calls(like: assignee etc)..

Well Ram,I think you are right that customer needs to purchase the license.but this is very major concern so I want a confirmation of the same whether this thing is NOT AT ALL POSSIBLE without licences or possible but with some customizations.

Regards,
Akhil
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor

Well, to me, it's mandatory to have the minimum number of licenses. As fas as I know, there isn't any work around for this. You may wait for more comments on this and then conclude, based on suggestions/feedback.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Akhil

You can set up the service pages role to allow users of service pages to be able to view, new, edit etc. for service calls. However if the engineers are using SP accounts they would be controlled by the SP View Settings "Views for SP End Users" which woudl also give end users of service pages the same rights.

A while ago someone mentioned that you could copy and paste the Service Pages role and it will give you a new role with all levels of access that can be set. I think the idea was to rename the original one and then name the copied one to Service Pages and work from there. I have never tested if this worked but it did come to mind and might be worth a try in this instance.

Failing that more licenses may the the only way to go.
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for reply.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event