Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

HPSD 5.0 database

Highlighted
Asrith
Regular Contributor.

HPSD 5.0 database

Hi, I need a clarification pertaining to HP Service Desk Database and CMDB.
1. Are the Service Desk DataBase and CMDB two saparate databases? I mean, Are they two instances on one database server.
2. Is it advisable to make the CMDB and Service Desk Database to co-exist as two schemas on in one instance of oracle.

I am not a great database person so if it sounds elementary please pardon me.
4 REPLIES
JaS_4
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HPSD 5.0 database

The SD database includes CMDB. SD db includes all sort of items like service calls, incident changes, configuration items, Person.
CMDB will includes items like Person and configuration items eg PC, server, parts and etc.
So SD DB is the physical DB and CMDB is a virtual db within SD DB. I hope that is clear.
Asrith
Regular Contributor.

Hi JAs,
Thank you for your response. Appreciate your help. I got your response that SD database is a physical database and CMDB is included in it. Does this mean that there will be two separate sets of tables in the same schema, one set holding data for service calls etc. and another set of tables for holding data for CMDB.

Any information would help.

Regards,
Srikanth
Rachid Jarouy_1
Trusted Contributor.

Dear Asrith,
what you need to do from oracle is to create one instances only to be used for all needes DB in service desk. and will configuring your sevice desk you link it to the same instance, this is acheved will doing the server installation,you will be asked to enter the oracle database username sysdba and password plus the instance name.
once you finish the installation you will see that CMDB is part of your managed items( service call, organisation , etc....) this is like virtual db in service desk instance.
beleve that workgroup give more and efficient result
Asrith
Regular Contributor.

Richard,
Thank you so much for your response. Appreciate it.

Regards,
Asrith