The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPSD 4.5 SP17

Highlighted
Manivasakam
Regular Collector

HPSD 4.5 SP17

All,

Issue: Unable to delete the template.
Module:Problem
Action: (delete)Data->Template->Problem

any help in this regard is appreciateed.

Regards,
Mani.

8 REPLIES
Raghunathan Tik
Frequent Visitor

Re: HPSD 4.5 SP17

Hi Mani,

i am assuming that there could be few problem tickets those already logged using this template and hence you are unable to delete the template. I would suggest you either move the existing Problem records those were created using this template, move to a different template and then delete this.

or else, if you think that the problem records those logged using this template are of no use, delete them and then try deleting the template.

OR

the other way is to block this template rather than deleting. by just blocking the template, none can log problem record using this blocked template.

hope one of these helps you.

raman
Manivasakam
Regular Collector

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for the response.

The mentioned Problem template is not related to any problem records, even I am unable to block the template. The requirement here is to delete the template and it should be blocked from users selection.

Regards,
Mani.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

if you cannot delete maybe look at creating a folder called e.g. "do not use". Assign the template to the folder and don't set user rights to the folder.
Raghunathan Tik
Frequent Visitor

Hi Mani,

then you may try another option. Just check whether this template has been related to another template. If this template is having another relation (i.e. probably a workorder might have been inserterd into this template), try removing the related template and then check whether you are able to delete.

Raman
Manivasakam
Regular Collector

Thanks Mark and Raghu for the inputs provided..

I have followed the Raghu's approach, no luck. I am unable to get rid of this template in any way.

Instead of creating a folder as recommended by Mark. I have created a template category as "Test" and moved this template to that category to prevent listing this template from other important useable items.

Thanks to both.

Still no clue, why I am not able to delete the template?
Raghunathan Tik
Frequent Visitor

Hi Mani,

does it give you any error message while trying to delete the said template? if yes, please furnish the snapshot.

raman
Manivasakam
Regular Collector

NO. There is no error message. I am getting the deletion confirmation popup after nothing..
Manivasakam
Regular Collector

Did anyone come across the above mentioned situation?

I am still facing this issue. Unable to delete / block the template? and it is not returing any error while deleting..

Since the template is associated with an "Problem" item even I am unable to prevent the template selection from Problem module users.. and unable to find the "Blocked" field also.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event