HPOVdoesn't know what day it is!

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

HPOVdoesn't know what day it is!

Hi,

I think I'm going crazy, this was working yesterday....

I have a really simple UI rule which updates two date fields, Warranty Date and Purchase Date.

The rule says:

When a value has changed
where End Date (*) is anything
Blank the Warranty End Date (Update Data) Warranty End Date set to (Make empty),
Blank Purchase Date (Update Data) Purchase date set to (Make empty),
Calc Purchase Date (Update Data) Purchase date set to (Add to Current date 1 month),
Calc Warranty End Date (Update Data) Warranty End Date set to (Add to Current date 1 month 1 day)

So basically it blanks the date fields first. Adds 1 month to the current date and stores that in Purchase Date. Then adds 1 month + 1 day to the current date and stores that in Warrantry End Date.

The current date is 31/10/07

When the rule runs in the client, BOTH FIELDS are set to 01/12/07 !

Why?

One should be 30/11/07 and one should be 01/12/07.
3 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: HPOVdoesn't know what day it is!

Hi Peter,

I can safely say that sometimes I too suffer from the same problem (not knowing what day it is :)

I'm sure you have checked. Any preformance issues on the app servers. Any scheduled tasks getting out of hand. Is it possible to stop and restart the app servers just to rule out any possible memory issues.

Not much help really at the moment but thats a start.

Switch on rule debug and fire the rule a few times. Switch off rule debug and check the ovsd client log file in the documents and settings/profile/ etc location. See if anything out of the ordinary is in the log ref the UI rules.

What time is the logsever.txt showing? Is it correct for the latest entry?

Have a doctor check you out to see if you are really going mad.
Sean Almond
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Is this not just a case of it adding 31 days. As november is 30 days the date would be correct of 1/12/07 which is 31 days after 31/10/07.

The issue will be it doesn't evaluate the correct amount of days of the up and coming month
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

This is unreal.....I don't wish to offend anybody....that's not true I wish to offend the software developers of HPOV 4.5.

My role used to be that of software developer. If I had produced software of this calibre I would have been dismissed.

The rule now works as you would expect again. Because the date is now 01/10/07.

Sean seems to be correct in his assumption that the date functions do not work correctly.

Its not just a case of that function just adds 31 days or whatever. There is something more seriously wrong than that. I don't have the time to experiment, perhaps someone out there does?

The rule adds 1 month to the current date and puts the result in one date field and adds 1 month and 1 day to the current date and puts it in the other. Yesterday, (31/09/07) both date fields displayed the same date, (01/12/07).

Today, (01/11/07), the same rule produces the dates, 01/12/07 and 02/12/07.

The rule is exactly as it was yesterday, un-amended, unchanged and untouched.

You may be able to ascertain from my tone I'm not impressed. I really seriously wish their was a Microsoft alternative to Service Desk, I would recommend that we switch tomorrow. I know for a fact that the date functions would work as expected!

Thanks for your time and effort it trying to resolve this issue, Its much appreciated.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event