Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPOVSD implementation problem

Highlighted
Dumitru Neferu
Occasional Contributor

HPOVSD implementation problem

Hi,
Is there a way to update directly in the database all the accounts to asign them a role. I want to do that because from application client i can't do an "Update All" command to asign to all accounts in the database a specific role.
5 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: HPOVSD implementation problem

Hi there,

The simplest way to do this is to open the relevant role and go to the Accounts tab; then you can just select all the accounts you want to have this role.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Michal Kovac
Frequent Visitor

Hi Dimitru,
take a look into tables REP_ACCOUNTS, REP_ROLES and REP_ROLES_PER_ACCOUNT.

F.i. for relating user with OID=281478232408276 (Barns in demo db) to role with OID=281478103171361 (Problem in demo db) insert into table REP_ROLES_PER_ACCOUNT following row:
RPA_ACC_OID=281478232408276, RPA_ROL_OID=281478103171361, RPA_TEM_OID=, RPA_OID=, RPA_LOCKSEQ=<1 or increment>

Last, but not least - be careful, this is not "supported way" and you can easily make database unusable (firts backup, test etc.).

HTH,
Michal
FRANS_5
Collector

Hi Dimitru,
Using Configuration Exchange (ACES for SD4.5), you can export accounts wih the Role(s) associated to them. The resulting XML file is not too hard to modify. Re-importing the XML with the appropriate Roles assigned to the desired accounts will give you the result you need.

THis *is* a supported method.

Frans
The early worm gets the bird.
Dan Ioan
Frequent Visitor

Hi Dumitru,
We are facing with something very similar. Taking a look at ACES exporting XML file for accounts/role, I was scared! Even you have a good XML editor (there are some free on internet) is a hard job to modify roles.
I think that a better approach is to do this step by step for each role created or modified. Test it and go further to the next. Finally, you can remove the old, obsolete, roles.
Take a look to a similar thread:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1027503
Keep in touch.
Best regards,
Dan
Dumitru Neferu
Occasional Contributor

Thank you all for your answers.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event