Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

HPOVSD 4.5 attachment setting connection refused

Highlighted
FenchurchLow
Outstanding Contributor.

HPOVSD 4.5 attachment setting connection refused

hi all SD experts,

my OVSD attachment is not working. I entered my hostname for my server, user name and password should be windows login? then i test the connection but got refused.

Can someone help please? Any firewall port is used?

I really appreciate your help.

Many thanks
7 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HPOVSD 4.5 attachment setting connection refused

Hello,

OVSD does not have integrated ftp server. You must set up external ftp server. User name & password are ftp server's user name and password. As target folder normaly \ is ok, provided that you use this ftp service exclusively for OVSD. If not, you must enter the root folder where attachments are to be stored.
menes fhtagn
FenchurchLow
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi experts,

i have setup the ftp server, the same server used by OVSD.
Now i configure Attachment settings, however i got another error for the folder.
Do i need to enter the full path of the default ftp folder(C:\Inetpub\ftproot)? I did, but still got error. Neither i entered a single name nor the full path still getting this error.

Another doubt, i need to attach the attachment from external site, other than making sure port 21 is opened, what other settings do i have to configure?

Kindly help.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello,

As Target Folder You need to enter the root path *RELATIVE* to the real path of ftp.

For example, if the full path to where sd attachments should be stored is C:\Inetpub\ftproot\OVSD then in attachment settings your Target Folder should be "\OVSD" (without the quotes) . If attachments are to be stored under C:\Inetpub\ftproot\ then enter "\" (without the quotes) as Target Folder
menes fhtagn
FenchurchLow
Outstanding Contributor.

I am able to connect locally now.

However, when i tried to save the Service call with attachment, i got java error.

please help.

This error doesn't tell anything.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello,

Try to toggle "Use passive FTP".
menes fhtagn
FenchurchLow
Outstanding Contributor.

using passive ftp doesn't help. and, what does it mean by this option?

When my client is accessing the server within the same network, then i am able to attach file in service call.

However, if my client is accessing Service Desk from external network, then java error occured.

I really really appreciate someone could help.

Thank you.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello,

So it's network problem (probably access lists) and not ftp. I suggest to talk with your network guys.
menes fhtagn