The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPOV WEBAPI Server session connection error on server restart

Highlighted
srinathsri
Occasional Advisor

HPOV WEBAPI Server session connection error on server restart

Hi,

I am using HP WEBAPI To connect to HPSD Server, recently HPSD Server has been restarted, after that i am getting the following error.
ERROR:
================
System Logger : 10 May 2010 18:28:57 [ FATAL ][ com.hp.ov.obs.impl.net.AppConnectException ] A session with id 222554050 calls a method on server dy015a23:30999, but this session does not exist on any server, nor was it timed out recently. This could be caused by a server restart.com.hp.ov.obs.impl.net.AppConnectException: A session with id 222554050 calls a method on server dy015a23:30999, but this session does not exist on any server, nor was it timed out recently. This could be caused by a server restart.
====================

Can anyone please suggest on this, to reolve this issue in live.
3 REPLIES
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

Re: HPOV WEBAPI Server session connection error on server restart

I am not entirely sure what you're asking about. You say the server was restarted and that is supported by the error message. WEB-API does not handle such situation - i.e. it is unable to reconnect automatically and restore previous session. You need to handle such situation in your code.

WEB-API also does not handle load-balancing - i.e. situation where you have more than one server in application cluster. If you need to create a code that takes that into consideration you need to try to find live server and connect to it. If that server goes down, you need to connect to another. WEB-API will not transfer existing sessions to another server (as opposed to what client does).
srinathsri
Occasional Advisor

Can you please help me, how to get the session id using the webapi.
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

Why do you need session id? It will not help you with anything.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event