Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

HPOV Service Desk and APM (alignability)

Highlighted
Bc'tje
Super Contributor.

HPOV Service Desk and APM (alignability)

Hello

I just want to ask a general question.
Is there anyone out here who's using APM (more info at www.alignability.com)?

At the moment I'm figuring out if it's usefull to make the step to APM. Now we use hp OpenView Service Desk 4.5 with Service Pack 17. But there is the posibility my company wants to introduce and use the APM model. Now we must do some tests.

If there is someone, or if there is someone who knows APM but didn't migrate to APM, please let me know for what reasons, thanks a lot.

Ciao
I didn't do it
8 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HPOV Service Desk and APM (alignability)

Hi
We are used more then 3 y. APM. Why - because all docs is ready and not need to write :). At principal, you can start deploy own processes and procedure , but how time you spend? but if you get APM, to implementation(installation) you spend some minutes. The other time need to study your peoples use SD by this documentations. All docs did as word doc and as interactive web docs, so people every time can read if not remember or like to study new process.

Vasily
Bc'tje
Super Contributor.

Yes I know, the process model and the workflow are very good documentated. It is easy to lookup how to do something.

But are there any disadvantages or some restrictions (i.e.: to update HPOVSD with service packs?)
I didn't do it
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi
Yes , disadv. exist and we add and modefy the docum. for this addons. Example: Calssification in SR(service call) was disabled, we activated and add this to docs.
Workflow - doc. about workflow not exist, we activate and modefy the doc.

At princiapl SD as was, so at a be SD after update to APM, APM that just process documentation and all.:)

Vasily
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I wouldn't say that there are disadvantages per SP. There are the usual requirements of any process that is you must keep it up to date and relevant. From my experience I would say that after it is implemented you look to re-evaluate the whole process again and see where you business benefits from having used it and where the process model does not benefit the business. Identify these areas and you can then update the process and OVSD to support the process. I think that this is important to keep tailoring the APM model to fit the ever changing business (and IT needs) of your company. APM is good to get you a process integrated with OVSD quickly and to get working - but in my mind it needs to be reviewed and kept relevant and up to date just like and other process.

One disadvantage for someone that has used the default OVSD application is that the name changes of items and attributes can take a while to get used to / figure out.

e.g. Service Calls become Support requests
Incidents becomes Alarms
Workgroup becomes Group
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI
Alarm,Support Request , etc. At the first time I thin that as Mark, but how it change from any Localization? Example: in Russian Work order -> Narjad(but in russian transcription), Service call - > Zapros. That the same. Believe in Belgian too.

Vasily
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

I think the value of Alignability is to get started quickly, rather than to replace a mature configuration. Customation to the Alignability model is inevitable and probably desirable.

-Josh
Bc'tje
Super Contributor.

The fact is that the client division started with the project "Service Desk" also called "Park Management" with only incident and configuration management.

Now the operations division wants to join us, but they wil use more processes like incident, configuration, release, ... management. Now there is a proposal to use the APM model them.

Probably we will introduce the APM model.

Thx for the help and input...bye
I didn't do it
Bc'tje
Super Contributor.

-closed-
I didn't do it