The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPOV SD basic functionality question

Highlighted
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

HPOV SD basic functionality question

Hi,

I have a question about the basic built in functionality of SD 4.5, when entering Service Calls.

Our configuration of SD 4.5 SP17, is highly automated. The operators do not need to understand about SLA's and Services etc. They choose the type of devices and problem from drop down lists and a series of UI rules then assign a Workgroup, Service, Impact and Priority.

Because the SLA is linked to the Service, the system then automatically calculates the Deadline.

Because I have always worked with SD in this way, I would like to know without any automation...... what is the minimum data needed by the system for it to calulate a Deadline.

I mean, It needs a Caller to be able to determine the Services available right?

If you enter a Config Item can the system work evrything else out itself? A config item can have a Service related to it (Supported By), that service has an SLA, that SLA has combinations of Impact and Priorities related. The SLA also has a related Workgroup.

Using as many of these links what is the minimum dataset needed to be input by an operator for the system to be able to calulate the required Deadline?

Thanks
4 REPLIES
Sandeshp_1

Re: HPOV SD basic functionality question

Hi peter, The Basic thing :

The Deadline is calculated with the Service call priority duration what you set in DATA -> Codes -> Serivcecall -> Service call priority duration.

Also it depends on the setting what you configured in Planed time calculation Uses.

So priority is the Basic thing, through wich your deadline get set using Support Hours setting.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

as mentioned above the most basic way is to use Service call priority duration. You can also set free days - like bank holidays where no deadline calculation will occur on that day but this is an all or nothing setting - if you are in different countries you cannot differeniate between public holidays.

It is the easiest to set up for an org that is not ready to implement full SLA's but can do so based on Priority.
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

Thanks guys,

The thing is we have Priority Duration settings already configured and everything is working but, I want to try and change the way its working.

Rather than the UI rules setting the Service, Workgroup, Priority and Impact. If I took these rules away, what is the minumum input I could get away with to have the system calulate the Deadline?
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Peter,

With no rules running and using a template with no values, the default service level is inserted upon opening a new service call.

The minimum thing you have to do to insert a deadline that will take into account default service level's support hours is to fill either Impact or Priority.

If you want to insert a hard deadline with no respect to support hours, you just insert it!
menes fhtagn
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event