Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPOV SD Entity Creation?

Highlighted
Michel SILVA SO
Occasional Visitor

HPOV SD Entity Creation?

Hi guys,
I was having a look, closer to the Calculated fields and wanted to create a new field. I tick the New button and the following screen appeared (see attachment).
I'm wondering seeing the content of this screen. Is it possible to create new SD entities through this screen? Is it documented somewhere? Or is this a usualy hidden screen used by HP Developers? :o>

Could someone be so kind and bring some light over my curiosity...

;o)

Michel
3 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: HPOV SD Entity Creation?

This is a bug. This form shouldn't be available. Don't try to create a new entity using that because there are several steps needed in creating an entity.

The tool for creating new entities (IDK Designer) is available in the client but the latter must be executed in a certain way. Creating a new entity using IDK Designer, while not impossible, is not an easy task and you must have a fair knowledge of the internal layout of OVSD in order to accomplish.

But if you do such thing you are definitely going to loose support. Also there is a risk that upgrading to a latter SP version my fail or may be incomplete.

Stay away from it since HP doesn't support it.
menes fhtagn
Michel SILVA SO
Occasional Visitor

So it is a non documented feature. Not a bug! ;o)

Thanks for your quick reply.

If anyone has already tried this, (s)he is welcome to share information. Even if it is not supported by HP it might be interesting to have some "documentation"!

Rgds,
Michel
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

No, the presence of the form there *IS* a bug. This form shouldn't be available in standard interface.
menes fhtagn
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event