Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP openview Service desk upgrade to SP6 and problem with old attachments in service calls

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Alfredas
Regular Collector

HP openview Service desk upgrade to SP6 and problem with old attachments in service calls

Hi all,

Lately I had upgraded SD SP3 to SP6 and now I can't open attachments in old service calls. I get an error message: "Error accessing file on FTP server". However, when I create a new service call and attach new attachment, after a while I can open it. Also, in attachment settings I checked if my ftp server configured and works properly and I got "Connection successful" popup message as I clicked on "Test connection". So what could be the problem? How to solve it?

Thanks in advance,
Alfredas
4 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: HP openview Service desk upgrade to SP6 and problem with old attachments in service calls

Hi,

please confirm what SP you updated to? Are you sure it was SP 6 not 16 or some other.

Attachments chnages around SP 16 and there are details in that SP as to how to migrate to the new structure using perl scripts.
Err_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: HP openview Service desk upgrade to SP6 and problem with old attachments in service calls

Hi,

If this is SD5.1, try adding a "/" as the first character of Target folder if it does not exist, as workaround suggested in known problem:
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_QXCR1000758909

Regards,
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Alfredas
Regular Collector

Sorry, I forgot to mention that it is SD5.1. RandallB, could you send me that documentation about this known workaraund to my email? ilgakulnis eta gmail com

Thanks in advance,
Alfredas
Alfredas
Regular Collector

Thank you, RandallB, you helped me solve my problem.

Alfredas
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event