SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Frode Vold
New Member.

HP Servicedesk 5.1 Service Call form ++

Hi,

I'm new to SD and I have some questions regarding the functionality:
1. Service Call form: is it possible to create custom attributes and insert these into the form? We would like to have the callers e-mail address and phonenumber in the form.
2. Service Call form: Is it possible to make the Description field smaller? (ie 2 lines as default)
3. Master Call/Child Call: is it possible to implement this? (When you close the Master Call all the Child calls closes)
4. When you send en e-mail to SD you receive confirmation that the service call is created. You can not reply to this e-mail to update the call. I know there are different codes the end-user can send to update the call, but I think this is not very user-friendly. How do you solve this issue?

Brgds
Frode
3 REPLIES
Steven De Smet
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Re: HP Servicedesk 5.1 Service Call form ++

1. Yes, you can create custom fields and with a UI rule, fired when a customer is filled in, these fields can be populated.

2. no

3. yes, with the DB rules

4. or you let your mailserver process the mail to the correct format.
Or step to Service Desk 4.5 SP20. (but first do a thorough comparisation between you requirements and features of both tools)
Frode Vold
New Member.

Regarding question 3: where can I find more information on how to do this?

Brgds
Frode
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I dont thinks this has changed much with 5.1. - this is how you select it on 4.5

In the database rules choose the update data action. Above the area where you select the field there is a check box for "Select a related item" which presents a list of items that can be related and then provided the fields that canbe updatd for that item.

So in a problem DB rule you will be able to update the related Service Calls using this method.

Service Call to Service call relationships are available in Ver 5.1 so I assume that you can also update SC's related to SC's