HP ServiceDesk v5.0/v5.1

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
hiVikas
Trusted Contributor.

HP ServiceDesk v5.0/v5.1

Hi
We had been using HP SD 4.5 with SP21 so far and have been building applications on top of the same.
Now i need to port my application to support v5.0/v5.1.

1. Can someone please point me to the right direction for downloading the HP ServiceDesk v5.0/v5.1?
PS. 5 Points to all the people who provide me with the correct URL. :)

2. Also if someone has already ported his/her application from v4.5 to v5.0 then it would be nice to hear the challanges that you faced there. It will greatly help me.
PS. 10 Points for a detailed info on this:)

Any pointers in that direction will be greatly appreciated.

Best
Vikas
5 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP ServiceDesk v5.0/v5.1

Hi,

version 5.0 was to terget new installs of OVSD (not upgrades from 4.5). As you have 4.5 this is not an option.

Version 5.1 was for people to upgrade from 4.5 however HP did not release the upgrade as general release as they recommened that you work with them or a consultancy in order to successfully migrate from 4.5 to 5.1

Note: if you have OVSD 4.5 with SP 18 ot higher HP advise that you are not able to migrate up to 5.1. i dont think that this has changed since 5.1 has come out.
hiVikas
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks Mark. Would you also be able to point me in the direction as to where can i download v5.0/v5.1 from?

Best
Vikas
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I just asked my HP rep who supplied the software. I think 5.0 is available here

ftp://ovweb.external.hp.com/servicedesk/
-=R=-
Outstanding Contributor.

Hey Vikas,

We started at v5.0, so let me pass a couple pointers.

1) Don't stop at 5.0. Licensing bugs are catastrophic. Even at 5.1 sp1 we're applying hotfixes to get stable. Its been a 3 month long nightmare for us and completely eliminated the credibility of the tool in my opinion.

2) Get someone with intimate familiarity with 5.1 to look at every aspect of your 4.5 implementation. I was flat out shocked by the amount of times I was told "that feature is in 4.5 sp XX but not in 5.1"
JaS_4
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Vikas,

I don't know where u can get sd 5.0 or sd 5.1 but you can get sd 5.0 sp2 and sd 5.1 patch 2.1 from this url http://support.openview.hp.com/patches/sdsk/sdsk.jsp , if you want to try it out.

As sd 5.x is a brand new software and not converted from sd 4.5, it's does have it's share of first release bugs.

If you don't really need the functionalities provided by sd 5.x, you should stay with sd 4.5 as sd 4.5 sp22 has more functionalities than sd 5.x and wait till Service Manager 7 to come out end of the year and migrate to that product instead of sd 5.x.