Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

HP Service Desk

Highlighted
Jeri Machino
Valued Contributor.

HP Service Desk

When I login to HP Service Desk to do a Change I am unable to do so. I select File - New - Choose Form and nothing happens. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and removed all cache files. Please help. Thank you.
10 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP Service Desk

Click on the Item drop down - are there any items that you can choose from?

Try File-New and select the item directly (do no tuse the choose form). What aaoptions are available. Have you been able to do this before. It sounds likely that you may not have the rights to open the form
Jeri Machino
Valued Contributor.

Shortcut and Choose form are my only options - I can do this on other machines, so it's not a rights issue.
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI
Close the client, try delete all .dat files from Service desk folder(one folder up on cache folder).

Vasily
Jeri Machino
Valued Contributor.

I went in an removed the entire Hewlett-Packard folder and reinstalled and only have a few options when I go to File and also View. If I go to another machine all options are there (after I logon). I am wondering if there is something installed on my machine which may be conflicting with this software?
Mohammed Albust
Honored Contributor.

Make sure of the following:
1. you have the right J2RE version as mentioned in OVSD documents.
2. Vertual machine is installed and updated
3. try to log on with the administrator account, and see if you still have that problem.
Jeri Machino
Valued Contributor.

Have tried all suggestions - still nothing works - when I log on to another workstation with the same ID and password it works. Something is definitely not right on the workstation - I will have the workstation reimaged and see if that resolves the issue.
Mohammed Albust
Honored Contributor.

Try cleaning the cash
run this command ovobsconfig -cleancache
Jeri Machino
Valued Contributor.

Once I reimaged the pc and reinstalled HP SD everything is working fine - may have been something corrupt with the profile. THANKS FOR ALL SUGGESTIONS AS I WILL KEEP THEM FOR FUTURE REFERENCE!!

Jeri
Craig R Taylor
Honored Contributor.

If this ever happens again simply clear your cache. Tools --> Options --> Advanced --> Purge Cache now. Reimaging propably wasn't necessary.
You can observe a lot just by watching. - YOGI BERRA
Jeri Machino
Valued Contributor.

Craig - before I reimaged I uninstalled HPSD and deleted the entire directory - by deleting the directory it removed all cache files. I then reinstalled the application and it still failed.

I logged in as another user and the OS was unable to create another profile - so I believe the registry was somehow corrupt so reimaging was my only option.

Thanks for you feedback - I will keep your information on file.

Jeri