Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Openview Service Desk and Remedy ARS

Highlighted
Gary Stevens_2
Super Collector

HP Openview Service Desk and Remedy ARS

I will be working on a project that will require triggering tickets into Remedy ARS from HP Openview Service Desk. Has anyone done this previously? If so can you provide some guidlines on the process used. Thanks.
5 REPLIES
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Openview Service Desk and Remedy ARS

Gary,

This is done from time to time. You must decide if OVSD will push the information, or if Remedy will pull it.

If OVSD pushes the information, then you will probably want to create a DB rule triggered by the creation of an event and/or a change in status of that event. The rule will execute a program that extracts the required data and sends it to Remedy.

If Remedy pulls the data, then you will probably need to poll the OVSD database periodically.

Please note that creating a trigger in the OVSD database may result in your support contract being invalidated, and so it is not a recommended solution.

Finally, you may wish to return to OVSD some status information after Remedy processes the ticket. Have Remedy trigger sd_event to send that information back to OVSD. Be sure, then to include a unique identifier of the OVSD event in the initial data sent to Remedy.

Aren't multi-headed organizations fun?

Regards,
Josh
Gary Stevens_2
Super Collector

Thanks. I appreciate the answer. Using DB Rules seems to be a good approach and I can easily set this up.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Garry,

HP have code that can be used for this. If you post your contact details I can pass them on to the person that has the cose and he case advise further.
Gary Stevens_2
Super Collector

gstevens@hp.com
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

HI Garry,

I copied you on the mail sent. Best of luck.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event