SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
TTG89
Occasional Advisor

HP OpenView service desk 4.5 SP25 on Windows 8

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me here. 

I have installed hp OpenView service desk 4.5 client and updated to SP25 on windows 8. 

It connectes to the server and opens a basic view of calls or changes etc. 

When i look at the view i see that the call/change IDs are 0 and when i double click the call or change i get an error. 

Error is: You are not allowed to view this service call or this may have been deleted by another user

I have cleared my profile and reinstalled the application and SP25 and i tried running it in compatablity mode to no success. 

I have also tried installing the HP OpenView service desk 4.5 Client 2008 (with no updates) 

When i launch the Client 2008 i get a message to update my software, to what version i do not know... 

I have tried the fixes outlined in these posts: 

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Service-Desk-Support-and-News/Service-Desk-Client-2008-on-Windows-7/td-p/4823427#.U0at_vldXng

Note: Screenshots attached. 

Please could some one help me with this issue?

Many thanks,

Steve. 

2 REPLIES
DrFoul
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Re: HP OpenView service desk 4.5 SP25 on Windows 8

Hi,

Windows 8 is not on the SD supported platforms list, but since the Client 2008 runs on pure Java, it should work as any Java application on Win8.

Please download the sp24/25 combo for your Client 2008:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_SDSK_00193

In addition, you may want to get the eclipse updates from Axel Jaskulski's post - it fixes some weird display issues on Windows 7, don't know about Win8.

Let us know if it works, please.

BR,

Rudolf

HPE Software Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please mark it as an accepted solution. Kudos are welcome.
TTG89
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP OpenView service desk 4.5 SP25 on Windows 8

Hi Rudolf.

Thank you for your ansers and sorry i look so long to get back.

This solved my issues and I can now use the tool on my Win 8 / Win 8.1 PCs (all be it with a little work)

Many thanks,

Steve. 

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event