Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP OpenView Service desk 4.5 SP34 Attachement problem

Highlighted
Ann Peeters
Acclaimed Contributor

HP OpenView Service desk 4.5 SP34 Attachement problem

Hey all,

We have recently updated our service desk to SP34 to work on Windows7 but we have a problem with our attachments. When we open a service call with an attachment we get following error: "Query Builder got non-persistable attribute type 5 in attribute selection". When we click on OK the service call opens but there is no attachement visible.
When we create a new service call with an attachement the create gives no problem. The attachement is saved on the server but we can not reopen this attachement.
Can someone help us with this problem?

regards,
Ann
7 REPLIES
Shivam Tiwari
Esteemed Contributor

Re: HP OpenView Service desk 4.5 SP34 Attachement problem

Have you run the DB Wizard after upgrade. Also check DB integrity:
sd_dbconfwizard.bat -CHECKSTRUCTURE
Never say No. Say I will Do it........
The Pike
Honored Contributor

SD4.5 is not supported on Windows 7 yet. I've experienced Query Builder errors before and there's no "one-size-fits-all" solution with when it comes to them.

Check if you get the same error on good ol' Windows XP. If you do, you might want to take it to HP for investigation.

Points for guidance are welcome.

More on the forum's point mechanism here:
http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

The Pike
Ann Peeters
Acclaimed Contributor

The database upgrade is done, but we get following error when I run the -check structure:
Exception in checktables on query: orginal exception:java.lang.exception: no columns found for table:ifc_attachmentclassifications
When I check this table in the database it is having 5 columns.
Ann Peeters
Acclaimed Contributor

We have this problem also on our xp machines
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Well, if there are columns and the check says there are none, something might be awfully wrong with your database's referential integrity.

Just curious... which Service Pack did you have prior to SP34? If lower than SP30, did you upgrade your Java before running the upgrade?

Points (and pints) are welcome!

The Pike
Wessie
Occasional Contributor

Ann,

you might also want to try:
Run Check Attachment tool under the maintenance tab of the attachment setting window to check for, and correct any problems with missing or incorrect attachment links.

If that results in errors as well, something went indeed wrong with the upgrade and you'll have to bring it to HP.
If that works, so no exceptions are found, you might want to try to re-install the app.server, as maybe a bit has fallen over.
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Missing files from the attachment server would not cause the GUI to be affected as Ann describes.

Also, the Check Attachments feature simply removes orphaned links in Service Desk where the attachment no longer exists in the FTP server and has nothing to do with the upgrade process.

Moreover, reinstalling the appserver bits is unlikely to serve a purpose since the error is occurring on the client and for specific items that have attachments in them.

Sure, you might want to try any suggestions the community comes up with and see if you get lucky. Just thought I'd put in my two cents and clarify because they are not related to the integrity of the database.

Points (and pints) are welcome.

The Pike
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event